Thought moms and pops would get a kick out of that headline!So, last Thursday I got a call that my dad's cousin had passed away (crazy incident I won't go into) and next thing I knew, the parents were returning to re-inhabit the Idaho, Oregon region for just a short time...HOORAY! So, in about a blink of an eye (for me...for them it was about 18 or so hours of hard driving) they were on my doorstep! It had been over a year and a half since I'd seen them so you can imagine my heart jumping up and down inside my chest!
These are a few of the photos taken while they were here...yup, I cut the hair. Not so sure if I'm really crazy about it but nothing that can be done now! It grows...sigh.
The sweet chilen's at the 3 hour funeral...no, I don't know how long it was but it was pretty long, I'll tell you...or the kids will! We finally snuck out for a quick snack in the car!
Happy little boy...
My pops and his sister, Diane...she is so wonderful!
Me with my Uncle Mark and Aunt Susie at the cemetery.
The moms and pops...looking handsome and great!
Standing by their mom's gravestone. She passed away 2 years previous.What a wonderful time we had together! Fond memories already held in my heart. It was all too short but I'll take whatever I can get and hopefully the parents won't stay missing for too long again. If that happens, I'll have to go to desperate measures to show them I'm serious...it's NOT acceptable! :)
I love you so much and miss you already!



2 comments:
I'm so glad that you were able to spend time with your parents! I miss them too. How many years do you suppose it has been? Wow.
I LOVE your hair. Jill, you are beautiful no matter the length of your hair.
And I just saw another one of our necklaces I must have. Encircle me in Jasper. Oh, my beating heart! We need to make a trade soon. (As soon as I lose a few post surgery pounds and reward myself with a few new things I'll know what I want!!!)
But a Small Moment is RIGHT!!! But when we live far away from those we love SO much we think even small moments are better than none. I'm so happy they could see you. A year and a half is a sister mission you know... been there, done that! Don't want to again.
Your hair so waaaay cute. I'm amazed that you don't like it. I sure hope we get to see you this summer at Cherry Hill.
Love you!
Post a Comment