
Alex had his 2nd grade music program Thursday night! It was called BUGZ and it was way cute! Alex was a grub worm and he memorized his line..."The picnic is beneath a tree, there in the city square. They're having plenty of food to eat and plenty of grub to share!"
He recited it without skipping a beat but he looked like a deer caught in the headlights! Not much emotion during the 20 minutes but he DID sing so that was a plus! I don't know if he had a little case of stage fright or if he was just bored out of his mind...he said (and acted) like he was excited, at least before the program, so it must've been nerves. Jackson sang along to some of the songs after hearing Alex practice...I was a beaming mom!

Now...moving on to Halloween!
What a day! Alex suffered a little bit of...displacement?? He seems to be getting to the age of still wanting to play and be a little boy but then wanting to be 'cool'. And it seemed like he wasn't sure what was considered 'cool'. (Of course, my kids are always cool!)
He was SO excited to be in his costume but then he was embarrassed about being seen by other people. We waited to paint his face until later in the day and we got him all ready to go trick-or-treat Main Street and it was all fine and dandy, but as soon as it was time to go to the ward Trunk-or-treat, he was embarrassed to be in the parade with the other kids at the church. So he threw a little fit and wanted to hide out so I left him in his hide out and went in the gym to watch and apparently he decided he wanted to be in the parade. So he went running around the church looking for me (this is what he tells me later) so that he could be in the parade and missed half of it while doing this. So the tears were flowing and he was mad that he missed the parade! MAN! Emotions were overflowing! Of course, Ken could have kicked his rear right there in front of everyone but we got him calmed down before any of that... What is a mom to do?? Jackson was having a blast, obliviously to all of this (thank heavens!)
Mitchell was dreamy! He rode along in the stroller down Main Street with his thumb in his mouth, content to check out the sights and the weather was awesome! I don't remember the last Halloween where we didn't freeze our patooties off! I was in heaven!


Cute chicken!
Mitchell, at this time, had had enough...time to get the chicken outfit OFF!
Ken looks like he's having the time of his life...don't you think? He was ready for the festivities to end...Now for the finale! And I put this on here specifically for my dad because when I saw her, I thought of my dad! I wish I could hear you laugh, Pops!

My poor boys thought I was CRAZY making them stand next to this lady with a stuffed puppy stuck to her rear for a picture! Hilarious!!



2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time on Halloween. We laughed at the missing dog, but the boys were adorable. I see Ken dressed up like himself...haha Elizabeth went trick or treating with a friend while Hannah kept his mom entertained and handed out candy. Thank goodness for friends to come in when you're a single parent. I went to the football game to watch Stephanie cheer. Dave was in Virginia and got back this afternoon. Hope all is well. Miss you guys.
Jill your pictures and descriptions are just too, too funny!!! It appears to have been a festive Halloween with the Gross family. I'm just lovin' this blog.
Post a Comment